Volunteer at our Sanctuary in Arlington!
With over 200 cats living at our main shelter and sanctuary, we have an ongoing need for volunteers.
We have shifts available to accommodate most schedules and a variety of projects to match your talents and interests including:
- Office Assistant: This position calls for a very organized person. You will be assisting in filing, assembling adoption packets, stuffing envelopes and other office duties.
- Cat Care: Assisting our Cat Care Team in the care of the shelter cats. This includes, but is not limited to, changing litter boxes, replace dirty bedding, wiping down towers, feeding, and giving water to our kitties.
- Personal Cat Chef: Our cats love wet food. We feed them around 2:00PM every day. You would be responsible for preparing the wet food and distributing it into each room / cage.
- Helper: There are always small tasks around the shelter that need to be done. This opportunity ranges from scrubbing walls, helping with our never ending pile of laundry to just organizing a cupboard of bowls.
- Groomer: We have long haired and short haired kitties that really could use a good brushing. With around 150 cats at our shelter, we don’t have the staff, unfortunately, to brush our cats daily. That’s where you come in!
- Cuddler: It’s exactly how it sounds! You can come in and socialize with as many cats as you please! We encourage you to make your rounds and pet as many cats as you can, play with them, and make them feel loved.
- Reception Assistant: This is a new opportunity! You will be answering phones, cleaning the common area, and directing people to where they need to go. This requires multiple training sessions and an interview with our Intake Coordinator.
- Cat Photographer: This is the purrfect volunteer gig for cat loving shutterbugs, both amateur and professional! We have an ongoing need for kitty glamour shots here at our Arlington Sanctuary. Cats are adopted much faster if we have high-quality photos of them to post on various online platforms including the Purrfect Pals website, Petfinder, Craigslist and social media. You can take photos in the adoption rooms or even use the photo booth we have set up in a quiet room with backgrounds and props!
Join the Purrfect Pals Board of Directors!
We are pleased to be recruiting for new Board Members to support our organization. We are looking for candidates who possess a passion for cats, leadership skills and experience and expertise in fundraising, business administration, accounting, finance, sales, marketing, law, public relations, project management or event planning.
All Board Members are expected to attend monthly Board meetings (currently held on Sundays in Brier) and actively participate on at least one committee.
If you are interested in being considered as a candidate for openings on our Board, please email your resume to our Executive Director.
Volunteer in our Offsite Adoption Centers!
Purrfect Pals cats and kittens are housed in Petsmart, Petco and independent pet stores all across the Puget Sound region!
Our offsite adoption centers are staffed entirely by volunteers and we are always looking for more help from cat lovers with a few hours a week to spare.
Volunteers in our adoption centers spend their time caring for and playing with cats, cleaning cages and acting as matchmakers for potential adopters. We have morning, afternoon and evenings shifts available seven days a week!
Volunteer at our Community Events!
Can’t commit to a weekly shift but want to help us? Special events could be the purrfect solution! Purrfect Pals participates in a variety of adoption and community events around the Puget Sound region and we are always looking for volunteers to help!
Event volunteers help set up and take down our booths, talk to visitors about our organization’s mission and services and help match up cats and kittens with potential adopters.
If you love talking to people, this could be the purrfect volunteer opportunity for you!
Help with our Special Fundraising Events!
Purrfect Pals hosts a variety of special fundraising events every year and would love your help!
We are looking for volunteers to help with every stage of events – before, day of and after. We need help organizing the events, soliciting auction donations, setting up tables, soliciting event sponsors, designing or distributing marketing materials, promoting events on social media and more!
Our upcoming fundraising events include:
The Black Cat Ball
Our 21st Annual gala dinner and auction will take place at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue on October 27th, 2018. This fun and festive Halloween-themed event features live and silent auctions, a gourmet vegetarian dinner and plenty of champagne and wine. Volunteers are needed now to join our planning committee and procure donations of auction items and events sponsors. We will also need plenty of help at the event on October 27th.
The Second Chances Luncheon
Our annual spring fundraising luncheon is held in Bellevue at the Meydenbauer Center. During our 2017 luncheon, Jackson Galaxy and an amazing crowd of 480 cat lovers came together to provide second chances for Puget Sound cats and the people who love them! Jackson will be joining us again at our Second Annual luncheon on Thursday, June 7th.