Who Would Take Care of Your Cats if You No Longer Could?
An important, but often overlooked, piece of estate planning is making arrangements for your furry family members to be cared for after you are no longer able to do so. A little planning can provide some peace of mind—knowing that whatever happens to you, your cats will be just fine.
Purrfect Pals is happy to be here as a lifeline for you and your cats. If you would like to make arrangements for your cats to come live with us, should they outlive you, please let us know. Enrolling your kitties in our no-strings-attached Guardian Angel Program will ensure they have a lifelong, loving home should the need arise.
What Do We Need From You?
To Enroll Your Cat in the Guardian Angel Program, Please Complete These Steps:
- Specify in your Will or trust documents that your cat is to be entrusted to Purrfect Pals at the time of your death: “At the time of my death, I give ownership of my cat(s) to the Purrfect Pals Guardian Angel Program for placement in a loving home.“
- Please be sure to include our address (230 McRae Rd NE, Arlington, WA 98223), and our Tax ID/EIN number (94-3127448).
- Designate a friend, relative or estate executor to act as interim caretaker for your kitty and to transport them to Purrfect Pals.
- Complete our Guardian Angel Enrollment Form, providing us with as much information as possible about your cat. We want to know about their food and litter preferences, likes and dislikes, favorite toys and activities, habits and special needs. We will also need your veterinarian’s contact information and permission for them to release your cat’s medical records to Purrfect Pals after we take ownership.
- Send a copy of the completed Guardian Angel Enrollment Form to Purrfect Pals and keep a copy with your Will and other estate planning documents along with instructions for your designated interim caretaker. We recommend updating the form yearly, especially if any significant changes occur.
- Questions? Please contact our Executive Director, Kathleen Olson, at email@example.com or (360) 926-8467.