Lost Cat Resources
When your kitty goes missing, acting quickly will significantly improve your chances of finding them. A few things to remember:
- Cats are curious creatures and can often sleep or get stuck in unusual places – make sure you’ve searched thoroughly around your home, garage, shed and yard first. Indoor cats who accidentally escape outside will likely be very scared and may wait a few days to come out of hiding.
- If your cat is missing, let your microchip company know as soon as possible to let them know and make sure your contact information is updated in their database.
- Borrow a humane trap from your local shelter or TNR group right away and bait it with super smelly canned food, tuna, etc. Some trappers swear by KFC fried chicken!
- Put up posters in your local area which show a good photo of your cat and give your contact details
- Ask your neighbors (including children!) to check their garages, sheds and cars and keep a look out
- Contact local vet clinics – if your cat has been injured, they may have been taken there for treatment
- Contact animal shelters and rescue groups to file a missing cat report.
- Most shelters are only required to hold stray animals for 72 hours so don’t wait to contact them!
- Don’t assume your cat will be taken to your closest shelter. Cats may have wandered farther than seems possible or someone who found them might have transported them outside of your area.
- Be sure to ask if they a web page or binder of found cats you should be checking.
- Check online lost and found websites in your local area, and register your pet on a national lost pet database. Links are provided on this page.
- Don’t give up! We hear stories about lost cats being found week, months and even years after disappearing!
Below are some links to local and online resources and several YouTube videos which might help you with your search.
Lost Cat Resources
What to Do When Your Cat Goes Missing! How to Find a Lost Cat!00:05:26
How to Find a Lost Cat00:07:54
How to Find a Lost Cat - Pet Detective tips for lost & found cats by "the Lost Cat Finder"00:06:42
How to Attract Your Cat if You Can't Find It : Here Kitty, Kitty00:02:44
Find Your Lost Cat00:05:09
Find Your Lost Cat Emotional Support http://www.FindYourLostCat.Com00:00:51
Pet Psychic Sonya How To Find Your Lost Cat00:03:26
Do Cats Come Back Home If They Run Away?00:04:51
How to Post a Poster00:14:00
Rescuing Cats From Super Tall Trees00:02:32
Please Note: These resources are provided solely for the public’s information and convenience but the contents of external of third-party websites are beyond the control of Purrfect Pals. Links taken to other sites are done so at your own risk and Purrfect Pals accepts no liability for any linked sites or their content. Any link to an external website does not imply or mean that Purrfect Pals endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or the use of such website. Purrfect Pals does not give any representation regarding the quality, safety, suitability, or reliability of any external websites or any of the content or materials contained in them.