Our Volunteers are the Heart and Soul of Purrfect Pals!
In addition to our main sanctuary and adoption center in Arlington, Purrfect Pals operates four offsite adoption centers. These adoption centers are fully staffed by Purrfect Pals volunteers who spend their time caring for and playing with cats, cleaning cages and acting as matchmakers for potential adopters. We are always looking for more help from cat lovers with a few hours a week to spare! We have morning, afternoon and evenings shifts available seven days a week.
We also rely on volunteers who donate their time and talents for special events and projects. Volunteers organize our fundraising events including the Black Cat Ball Gala, sew cat blankets, manage our social media pages, prepare our newsletter, pick up donations, maintain our sanctuary grounds, take photos of our cats and more!
Ready to Get Started?
Offsite Volunteer Opportunities
- Adoption Counselor
- Cat Care and Cleaning
- Cat Cuddling
- PAWparazzi! (Cat Photographer)
- Black Cat Ball Planning Committee
- Black Cat Ball Event Staff
- Adoption Events
- Community Events
- Marketing, Design & Social Media
- Data Entry
- Sewing Blankets
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I volunteer for Purrfect Pals?
We have volunteer opportunities available all over the Puget Sound region including:
- Main Purrfect Pals Sanctuary in Arlington
- Petsmart Adoption Center in Renton
- Petco Adoption Center in Issaquah
- Denny’s Pet World in Kirkland
- Special Events throughout the Puget Sound Region
- We also have Home Based volunteer opportunities available.
How old do you have to be to volunteer?
Our minimum age requirements depend on the location where you will be volunteering:
- Main Sanctuary in Arlington – Volunteers must be 12 years or older and anyone under 16 must be with a parent/guardian.
- Petsmart Adoption Centers – Volunteers must be 14 years or older and anyone under the age of 18 must volunteer with a parent/guardian.
- Petco Adoption Centers – Minimum age is 13 years and anyone under 16 must be volunteering with a parent/guardian
- Denny’s Pet World – Volunteers must be 12 years or older and anyone under 16 must be with a parent/guardian.
My school requires community service hours. Will you sign off on them?
We welcome high school volunteers working on hours for school requirements, as long as they commit to the same scheduling and length of volunteering as all other volunteers. Hours will not be signed off until your 5 month commitment is fulfilled.
I am part of a group that would like to volunteer. How can we help?
We have an ongoing need for help with projects at our Arlington Sanctuary including gardening/landscaping, maintenance, painting, cleaning and construction. We would also love you to consider organizing a food and supply drive for us!
I have physical limitations or other special needs. Is that a problem?
Not at all! We welcome volunteers with special needs. Depending on your needs, some of our locations might be better a fit for you than others. Please contact our Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Please note: If you will be volunteering with a job coach or other partner, you will both need to complete a Volunteer Application Form.
I am interested in joining your Board of Directors. Who should I talk to?
Please email our Executive Director for more information.